Become a volunteer at Niles! Caring, dedicated volunteers are always needed and welcomed. If you have a heart for the children of Niles, we have a place for you!
Some of our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Work Days – Schedule a day of volunteer work at Niles to help with maintenance, painting, campus improvements or other one-time projects.
- Fundraising Event Support – Help Niles staff plan and execute a fundraiser such as the Niles 5K Run/Walk and other events benefitting Niles.
- Niles Organic Gardens – Help keep the Niles Organic Gardens beautiful during the spring and summer by planting, weeding and harvesting. Niles has organic no-till vegetable beds, an orchard, berry bushes, a grape arbor, a nature area and a solar powered waterfall.
- Annual special events
- Educational and motivational speaker events.
- Planning and executing activities with our youth including field days, arts & crafts projects.
- Celebrations for our youth throughout the year, such as birthday parties, holiday parties, and an end of the summer celebration.
- Agree to abide by all Niles & KVC Health Systems Volunteer Policies
- Preserve the confidentiality of our clients including names, ages, and other personal information
- Follow KVC’s Policy Statement on Discipline
- Be willing to consent to all appropriate background checks including Missouri Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry. All Niles volunteers must pay for their background checks which are a minimum of $30.
- In order to preserve confidentiality of our clients, you must be 18 years or older to be a Niles volunteer. Some opportunities are available for 15-17 year olds when accompanied by another adult who is also a Niles volunteer with permission of the Niles Volunteer Coordinator.