Become a volunteer at Niles! Caring, dedicated volunteers are always needed and welcomed. If you have a heart for the children of Niles, we have a place for you!
Some of our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Work Days – Schedule a day of volunteer work at Niles to help with maintenance, painting, campus improvements or other one-time projects.
- Fundraising Event Support – Help Niles staff plan and execute a fundraiser such as the Niles 5K Run/Walk and other events benefitting Niles.
- Niles Organic Gardens – Help keep the Niles Organic Gardens beautiful during the spring and summer by planting, weeding and harvesting. Niles has organic no-till vegetable beds, an orchard, berry bushes, a grape arbor, a nature area and a solar powered waterfall.
- Annual special events
- Educational and motivational speaker events.
- Planning and executing activities with our youth including field days, arts & crafts projects.
- Celebrations for our youth throughout the year, such as birthday parties, holiday parties, and an end of the summer celebration.
- Agree to abide by all Niles & KVC Health Systems Volunteer Policies
- Preserve the confidentiality of our clients including names, ages, and other personal information
- Follow KVC’s Policy Statement on Discipline
- Be willing to consent to all appropriate background checks including Missouri Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry.
- In order to preserve confidentiality of our clients, you must be 18 years or older to be a Niles volunteer. Some opportunities are available for 15-17 year olds when accompanied by another adult who is also a Niles volunteer with permission of the Niles Volunteer Coordinator.